8/8/2019

Dear Elena,

We drove up to Provo River Falls on Tuesday afternoon and this picture captures the whole day.  You immediately tore off your shoes and socks, waded right in, slipped on a mossy rock, and completely soaked yourself. You came out of the water surprised by the fall but laughing, thank goodness it was so much warmer than it's been in the past.  You inspired us all and everyone ended up wet, wading, and splashing in the water.  Elena, you give life to so much fun. 

One of my favorite things about you this summer has been our mornings with you.  You'll wake up an hour or so before everyone else and you'll come in our room. Often times you'll hop in bed and fall back asleep snuggling your daddy, or you'll take him downstairs for a story and some early breakfast, or you'll convince him to go on a walk or drive you to the park.  He's told my often how these times one on one with you make him so happy.

It's incredible to think that you're heading off to preschool in two weeks.  I can hardly think of what Rosie and I will do without you in the house.  You're always running to the trampoline outside, or hopping on the tire swing.  The best part is how willing and excited you are to include Rosie in what you're up to.  You've been so patient with her this summer as she's learned to walk.  All she wants to do is follow you and Alta around and you're so great to include her in all of your adventures. 

Thank you for all of your help in the garden.  You're my carrot picking, bean finding, strawberry eating woman.  I love that we share a love of growing things.  You've made me so many wonderful bouquets this summer.  I can't even tell you how impressed I am with your eye for design.  You'll pick flowers and then add bits of greenery to balance it all out. Yesterday you brought me some black eyed susan and bachelors button with boxwood and heuchera leaves mixed in.  I was so dang proud.

I love you Elena,

love,
Mom 

Comments

Popular Posts